Thursday, June 21, 2007

Councillor Tony Potts - Hillingdon

Tony Potts



Former London Borough of Hillingdon Labour councillor Tony Potts is to become the Mayor of Labour Gloucester.

Mr Potts left London 10 years ago for Gloucester, where he was recently elected as the city's 508th Mayor.

The 43-year-old man, who was brn and educated in Hillingdon, served on the Labour controlled London Borough of Hillingdon council between 1971 and 1978.

While in Hillingdon he joined the Labour Party in 1964 was employed as an Auditor, member of the TGWU and Co-op Party

In Gloucester, he will preside over the hung council on which all the chair- manships of spending committees will be held by Labour following succes ses in the local elections.

"Gloucester is a beauti ful city in a beautiful county," said Mr Potts. "I met my wife here and my children were born here. I would like to give some- thing back to Gloucester to repay what it has given me."

NOTE:

Circa Gazette late 1980's