Hayes Labour Party (Hayes Labour Association as it was originally known) was established in 1910 by Henry Palmer (Bricklayer) and Percy Langton (Clerk).
Henry Palmer was the first elected Labour Party Hayes Councillor in 1911. By 1914 the Labour Party had secured its first majority on Hayes Urban District Council. One of the first Labour controlled Council's in Britain.
*Click on image to enlarge